Get to know Rhinoplasty-
Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a “nose job,” is a popular option for patients unhappy with the size or shape of their nose. In addition to the procedure’s well-known cosmetic benefits, rhinoplasty has evolved to have much more versatile applications, such as to improve nasal function after a traumatic injury or illness or to help with breathing problems that affect sleep and the ability to exercise. The goal of rhinoplasty is to revise the nose to the patient’s desired appearance and functionality, keeping in mind skin type and the entire face architecture. Our team of best plastic surgeons in Indore combine the science and art of rhinoplasty to give patients, effective and lasting results. Rhinoplasty is surgery to repair or reshape the nose. If you find your nose not in shape, or you have a broken nose or you are going through nasal obstruction then you must go for Nose Job Surgery. This may be performed for cosmetic reasons to improve the appearance and proportion of the nose, and improve a person’s self-confidence. Read more.
Conditions that nose surgery can correct-
What are the conditions for Rhinoplasty? Who needs it? All your questions are answered here. Some of the conditions that can be corrected by rhinoplasty includes:
- Broken nose
- Nasal structural problems, from birth defects of the nose or due to injury.
- Nasal obstruction
Rhinoplasty can change the size of the nose, as well as its width and profile. The nose tip, shape of the nostrils and balance of the nose (nasal symmetry) can also be altered. Surgery of the nose can reduce or augment structures of the nose using cartilage grafted from other areas of the body. If you are concerned about your nose, or are thinking about cosmetic treatments to boost your confidence, then go for Rhinoplasty as it is the best referred treatment to get your nose look as per your desire. Basically there are no other medical alternatives to rhinoplasty that can repair or reshape the nose. Talking to a counselor or psychologist may help you overcome your concerns about your appearance and you may decide that you like yourself the way you are.
Deciding on a Nose Job
If you are thinking about getting a nose surgery, set up an appointment with our surgeon at Global Dental Centre to discuss it. We have skilled and expert professionals who can help you get a better nose. During that meeting, talk about your goals and tell the doctor what bothers you about your nose and how you would like to change it. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as a perfect nose. Surgery, though, can enhance facial features and emphasize your unique and natural beauty. A plastic surgeon can describe the facial features that make you unique and tell you how the changes would enhance your appearance.
Medical issues and rhinoplasty-
Before the operation, you need to discuss a range of medical issues with your surgeon. They will talk to you about your:
- Physical health – an examination will help your doctor or surgeon to decide if the treatment is appropriate.
- Medical history – some pre-existing medical conditions and surgery you’ve had in the past may influence decisions about this operation, including the type of anesthetic that is used. Rhinoplasty can be performed using general or local anesthesia, depending on the extent of the surgery required, your health and the preference of your surgeon.
- Risks and possible complications – it is important that you understand the risks and complications so that you can weigh up whether rhinoplasty is right for you.
- Medications – tell your surgeon about any medications that you take on a regular basis or have recently taken, including over-the-counter preparations such as fish oils and vitamin supplements.
- Past reactions to medications – tell your surgeon if you have ever had a bad reaction or a side effect from any medications, including anesthetics.
- Preparation for surgery – your surgeon will give you detailed instructions on what you should do at home to prepare for surgery. For example, you may be advised to take a particular medication or alter the dose of an existing medication. Follow all instructions carefully. If swelling of the tissues is present due to injury or trauma to the nose, your doctor may give you a course of antibiotics to take before surgery to reduce the risk of infection.
These parameters are important to be learned and understand by your doctor so as to get on a better treating procedure. However, one should understand Rhinoplasty is a surgery to repair and reshape the nose, it is not a therapy or medical procedure by which you can reconstruct your nose to add beauty feature to your face. Aesthetic surgeons at Global Dental Centre work as masters in this field. You can visit us for an expert opinion.